2012-02-20

13. Thank god it's Monday

Guuuuhh.

I'm feeling a bit better again, but 5 hours ago my feet were dead, i was tired and had eaten too much XD So a good kind of tiredness, would i say!

I met Chikako for the first time after a year and it was great!! Didnt feel like it would have been so long since the last time and nothing had really changed..! I hadnt yet visited the city center this time, and that too was pretty much the same :3 We met at Harajyuku, but soon moved to Shibuya while the karaoke there is so much cheaper (and you can drink as much as you want~ only soft drinks of course, or would you believe me trying alcohol?!? me neither.).

So we just wandered around, went to seek some nerd/ikemen fake eyeglasses, ate while walking and talking etc. I didnt remember i loved 109-2 so much!!!! Even if the shops would be closed, the building is amazing, i love the mirrors in the escalators and the walls and everything..!

Speaking of closed stores, if you are/come to tokyo i really recommend to check harajyuku's takeshitadoori out at night! If you go on sunday, the whole place will be so crowded that it takes about half an hour to even walk from one end to another and you cant stop even if you wanted, because you will be pushed ahead by the crowd. But at night time you couldnt even think the street to be used anymore! All the stores are closed and their doors are hidden by the walls (i dont know the name for those things, the kind of gates you pull from above....) and you can see graffiti everywhere. No people. Nowhere. It's amazing, you guys really should experience the difference!

Got distracted....... But yeah, we'll see again next week with a bigger group~ Haha today i went to the toilet of the karaoke place and remembered having taken a picture there for a loooong time ago, so i just have to make a re-take!! I just needed to put them both here for comparison XDD found the latter after a fight with my pic files :D
...today....
...and three years before! I really gained weight during the year. My hairstyle has became more boring, but the clothes are much better XD Tho i coloured blond this time, my real hair still is so much blonder..! Now it's more like brown right?? But i guess the biggest difference must have happened inside the core.

Like i already mentioned, yesterday we went to see koenji with otoosan. The shootengai was a-m-a-z-i-n-g, the whole place was like a mini-shibuya. It will be so convenient, you dont have to pay for train in order to do some shopping (food etc), and the streets were full of small restaurants with low prices, so the living will be cheaper than i had thought! With only 300 yen you could eat well and should even have to choose whether to eat chinese, udon, gyooza, raamen or hamburger!! Guess my blog will turn into a food blog soon..!

I really had thought i'd try hard and cook my own meals, i even brought with me the cook book okaasan bought me as a present during my exchange year! Guess it would be little hard to only cook for one person, so maybe we'll do that with my friends when they'll come for a visit :D So no need to worry about my poor cooking ability~

And it seems i can borrow a bike from my host family, too, so no worries about that either!! I get to save some many and the way between the station and Nekotalo (about 15 minutes by feet) will become shorter! The road seemed to be a little lonely too, so at nights i guess it will be better to ride a bike when going home.

Everything seems to go so smoothly and good that i'm a little afraid of falling all the way to the bottom fast and soon...! Lets hope my luck will last!

Nacchan (my host sister) also got a reply from YFU today ~(^,^)~ They will be glad to take me to the orientation as a returnee!!! We have a meeting on 18th March and the orientation itself will be held in Olympic center in Yoyogi-kooen (so nostalgic, that is where everything started for me as well ;_;<3<3) on 20th-24th March, five days volunteering for YFU again~~ Aah i wonder if i should inform the Finnish YFU about this, they could tell the students and their parents not to worry too much.

I already wrote about the Kingston University ordering me a place of my dreams for next year (joint degree in international relations and drama), but now that i've thought deeper about it, i really dont know what i should do D:::: Like i said, those subjects together are all i have wanted for a while, and even the place sounds perfect, London. I just dont know if it would be worth the money, because the study costs are 8,500 pounds a year >,< Living is not free either, and you should have to eat too.. We have free schools in Finland, and you could always go abroad as an exchange student, free.

Aaaa-a the situation makes me stress, i really dont know what to do........... the place of my dreams vs money, reason and reality. I know you cant always have what you desire most, but i already got the place, so why would i have, if i couldnt go there T_______T

I have no plans for tomorrow, so i will just wash some clothes (really looking forward for the weather becoming warm (  *-*) tomorrow we'll have 12 degrees by day!!!), eat well and try to look for a job here, as well as practice my monologues!! I havent quite decided yet witch ones to film, but maybe it's more about the presentation than the monologue. I'm just so bad at making decisions, that really is my week point.....

Long post, hope you enjoyed. I wish for the best for you all, and hope the snowstorms in Finland will stop soon too~ ( * ´,`)