2012-02-26

16. Walking around Tokyo

Asjdaksdjsa Im sorry for not having posted for a while. Its not that i'd have been that busy or anything but i havent just felt like it ""<,<

Feels like id have far too much time for thinking lately and its kind of making me crazy, i just think and think and think and re-think stuff. So in the end you'll lose your touch to reality and just keep on.. i dont know, making up stuff by yourself, you wont know whats real and what isnt anymore XDD

But yeah to the stuff i've been up to lately~

My finnish friend Erica happened to be in tokyo for a week so we met twice. Crazy how all come here now that im here too o.o"" But anyhow i met her at her hotel in roppongi on... umm not sure it must have been wednesday? No, thursday. The hotel is one of the oldest in japan, a really expensive and fine place, so i felt like i wouldnt belong there at all haha XD i couldnt find the room at first as i was in a wrong building and got a cute hotel staff girl walking me all way across the hotel to the elevator, i just kept on apologizing and she was like "no no no please come this way, no, please take the escalator i'll walk the stairs next to you" .____________. i felt like making her suffer and she just kept on praising my japanese skills and smiling :__D
The hotel Ookura.
From the hotel room window. Misty as you can see.

So i found the room (late as usual), we had a breakfast and then went to roppongi. For me, roppongi is a part of 'real tokyo'. It's a business place with highways in many stories and expensive bars for foreign workers on their business trips. Roppongi hills is very expensive and has a cool observatory tower with over 50 stories. It was rainy and misty so you couldnt see anything that day, tho.

I showed Erica around in Harajyuku and we went to the smaller alleys with not that much ppl. It was cool, walking in places you dont normally walk, i have been to harajyuku so many times its starting to lose its magic. Anygays, we ran across a REALLY cool figure shop!! So many and well made figures that we hesitated at first, but after entering it was a good decision XD Expensive as u might know, but we found those cool star wars chopsticks that were only 1050 yen~ totally made my day :D
Harajyuku's main entrance.
This building is a okonomiyaki restaurant, very delicious and not that expensive. Plus interesting design! On an alley in Harajyuku.
Figure shop 'Toy Sapiens'
I wanted to show my number one shop in the city so far, so we went to omotesandoo hills right next to my former school~ i had forgotten how great this city really can be, and walking there again made me go back in time to my exchange times ;_; i was so lucky to get to Aoyama gakuin (its a famous school even inside of Tokyo,  and i havent met a japanese who wouldnt have heard of it.) So Kiddy Land is where we ended up!!
The most expensive foreign shops can be found there, prada, chanel etc.. 
My school station!!
Cute puppy with the same birthday as mine ;;_;; I still cannot find it acceptable to keep pets in these kind of tiny boxes D:::

Kiddy Land, might sound stupid but it's an awesome place *www* the main store is under construction now, but it would have 6 stories of only toys and crazy stuff!! One for disney, one for snoopy, one for figures etc!!! Now it wasnt quite that big, but still worth it~ Erica found some moomin stuff and I keep on dreaming that someday i'd by the biggest Kapibara-san they have there ;_; I know nothing cuter (except puppies ;wwww; miss my ruska!!) and am in love with the character. I already have Kapibara-san bentoo box (food box) and a normal box you can put some stuff in :33 And a tiny version of my great love, but i need more yet XDD
I must buy this next time!!
Iphone core O.O !! cool
THIS.
Have you ever seen anyhing so cute ;_;_; me neither.
Pens!! So many different kinds of!!

Erica was here because her mothers boyfriend is a jazz pianist and is touring in Tokyo now, so we went to see the concert too. Tho i'm more the rock type i've always liked the way the instruments sound like having conversations in jazz, and it's not like classical music where all play just the same thing (well its not that simple but still :P). Also the club was veeeeery fine and expensive, luckily i didnt have to pay for the night >,<" We also got free drinks and food *w*
The Jazz bar 'Blue Note' in Omotesandoo (one of the most expensive areas).
Candles and all! Note to myself: would be the perfect place for a  romantic evening, with a live band and all. 
At Omotesandoo when going back alone at night.
At the backstage with my hair after a long and rainy day out.

The next day (friday it has to be) i finally got my own cellphone (prepaid for softbank, my old docomo phone doesnt work on prepaid basis so). I havent done anything for it yet (okay i bought the monjyayaki (a kind of food) thing you can see in a picture but nothing else). And i dont like it as much as my old one, i took it with so you can see it too D::: my poor baby iphone still not working :/
So boring >,<"
But this ;_; with a mirror and all :/
The round thing on the keyboard is a mouse!!
You could also watch the TV by turning the screen.

I still killed some time decorating new covers for the iphone~ here's a pic but i think i should still add something as im not 100% satisfied XD a little miracle i made it, i hate anything that takes a long time and you have to work on small things with your hands so.
Tadaaaa.

Then yesterday we went to Akihabara, first time for me too (well we went there with YFU for a matsuri (=traditional japanese party where they carry the temple with them and sing.... dont recommend it tho XD), but i dont think that really counts)!! So many game shops and maid cafes and otaku stuff, i dont read any manga or watch anime but it was amazing for me too..! I made Erica come with me to a maid cafe because i always wanted to see one, and it was a nice experience lol. In maid cafe there are cute girls dressed in tiny skirts and ribbons etc serving you and calling you their master if someone isnt familiar with the term. In the cafe we went there wasnt as many strange old men as i had expected, but we still were the only female customers and in the next table there was a lonely man hahaha..... They also served meals, but we only stayed for a drink as it was the cheapest thing you could buy :_D 700 yen for a gin tonic, and you could sit there and chat with the maid for an hour.
From upside!!
From down.
The maid cafe.
No cute maids in this pic :/ (it was forbidden to take pics)
Many ppl out on a rainy sunday.

In tokyo all the city centers are different (the town is different from for example Helsinki, not only one center but a group of them with different kind of stores in every part of the city), and Akihabara is where the nerdy otakus hang out, the guys who dont have social life but only play games and their only contact to the opposite sex are the maids in those cafes. There were more than two enormous sex-toy/fetish buildings too. You just cant understand it before you have seen with your own eyes. Japanese culture can be really breath-taking........................... For 'normal' ppl Akihabara is known as an electricity equipment center that sells anything. Anyway i liked the place~
For women.....
...and for men............................... dont know if i should laugh or cry.
.......yup. You must be desperate. Or pathetic. Or both.

Only three days and I'll move to my own, I'm looking forward for it so much!! I love it here with my host family, we really are a family and i love talking with okaasan and the food is great, but i'm very excited about having to make it all by my own! I will be doomed hahaha someone come and cook for me and keep the place neat and make sure i wont just sleep the whole day... We have already made plans of a night in Shinjyukus bars with chikako :---D
Aaaand some purikura. I didnt have my cellphone then so i couldnt take them to my phone.


So many pictures this time, im proud of me!!! I'll see you soon again (  ´,`)~ have nice time.